Pages

Our Mission:

The Rock Prairie Master Gardener Association, located in Rock County, Wisconsin, is the 42nd association of the Wisconsin Master Gardener Program.

This blog is used to distribute timely information to association members regarding volunteer opportunities, MGV highlights, and other social tid bits.

Horticulture related information is to be directed to the Horticulture Educator or the Plant Health Advisors.

This blog is not for garden related questions.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

UPDATE: 2011 Advanced Training: Flowers and Landscapes

Here is a quick update regarding the upcoming advanced training for MGVS.

I'm opting for select Saturday mornings this spring and summer, actual dates yet to be determined.  Remember that survey I sent out a few months ago? I was surprised at the number of individuals selecting Saturday mornings as an OK time for class.  I used to do MGV training on Saturdays before but those classes were all-day classes.  Won't do all-day classes again.  However, I'd rather get up early for a Saturday than spend one more late night driving home from class.

I'm in the process of selecting speakers and topics.  E-mail requests have been sent to UW-Extension colleagues and Sharon Morrisey, Milwaukee Co. UWEX, has confirmed for a landscape design class on April 9.  Chrissy Regester, Walworth County UWEX, has proposed a Horticulture Math class-- that'll be different!

I meet Friday with one of our campus IT support people, Molly, to explore online learning modules.  I'm not sure if I'll incorporate that into this training or not.  I do know many people have different learning styles or can't make it to classes.  Another option for our members needs to be explored.  Plus, as many of you know, I geek out over computers.

I've also received some great ideas for others things to do in class.  I'm having a hard time trying to fit it all in and probably won't.  I guess that'll give me fodder for future classes.

And I still want to do a field trip!  I know RBG is planning a few trips this year to gardens in the Illinois area.  I don't know if we want or need to do another trip.  Perhaps we can piggy back on that?  Or do we want to do our own thing?  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment