Photographs or clip art with your submission will be welcomed with open arms.
Suggestions for submissions -
- Project reviews - what you did, where you did it and if you are willing to help someone else who would be interested in doing the same.
- Book Reviews
- Event announcements - flower shows, classes, educational opportunities
- Field trip suggestions or ideas
- Volunteer opportunities - We will not post any volunteer opportunities for commercial (income earning) organizations. MGVs can only wear their badges when doing volunteer work that is unpaid. The goal of all volunteer opportunities should be education based community outreach.
- Project suggestions with as much detail as possible - who, what, where, when, why.
- Gardening hints and tips. This can include new species, best practices for cultivation of Japanese lilies, how to cure a disease or eradicate a pest, how to espalier grape vines, non-toxic ways to get rid of slugs, how to compost your yard waste, how to care for your tools, how to safely store herbicides and pesticides, how to start sets. The possibilities are truly endless and only limited by your passion and imagination. All should be fact-based with an educational component.
As all those who are signed up to the Rock Hort listserv may have noticed, I recently sent out a "TESTING 1 2 3" message. What I hoped to find out was whether I still had the ability to post to the list. I was delighted to find out I do - at least at present. However, the list is old and bulging with all kinds of email addresses of folks who are no longer MGVs or related to the program. It is also under the direct supervision of Christy and Kim Mork, (one of our two splendid support people at the UWEX office on the second floor of the Rock County Court House. Sheila Jadoul is the other.). Christy is considering whether to close the old list and create a new one, or to do maintenance on the old one. Stay tuned for an answer to that question.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list simply go to:
Once there you will find a section that is titled Rock-Hort-list-subscribers. In that section is a line item that tells you how to unsubscribe. It's a very simple process. Just enter the email address where you are receiving posts and click the UNSUBSCRIBE OR EDIT button.
One of the very best ways to keep tuned in to what is happening with the organization is to check in to the blog and sign up as a member. It will only take a few moments. To do that go to:
And there is yet another source for info about the group. Christy opened a Facebook page for RPMGA shortly after she arrived as our advisor. The page is not being used to its full potential but we hope to change that soon. You can find the page by logging on to your Facebook account and going to:
If you have any questions about the blog or the Facebook page please contact me at:
Looking forward to seeing my inbox fill up with ideas and submissions!