|South Central Wisconsin's Sustainable Agriculture Classroom|
In November of 2012 the plans for the project were released in this article in The Wisconsin State Journal.
The mission of the project is: Educate, innovate and produce!
The project goals are:
1. Connect people with the land, the natural environment, and each other.
2. Provide assistance through land access, technical education, and teachers / mentors.
3. Educate people about current and future practices for raising plants and animals.
4. Maintain a healthy, diverse, and sustainable natural resource.
5. Promote economic, environmental and social sustainability.
6. Increase the economic capacity of Dane County residents through agriculture.
7. Provide facilities which emphasize access, beauty, conservation, health and sustainability.
8. Cultivate a diverse support community for park preservation which maintains the educational intent, protects the natural resources, and incorporates the agricultural history of the farm.
Participants can either carpool or drive solo. To carpool meet the others at 10:00 am in the parking lot of the Big Lots store on Milton Avenue. We will depart at about 10:15 am, taking Blackbridge Road to Highway 51. Take a right on 51 to Edgerton. This route will take about 22 minutes. If you are driving solo and wish to take I-90, that route will take about 19 minutes. Our arrival time should give us a few minutes to assemble for the tour.
Mapquest offers both routes on one map. You just need to click on the route you wish to take to get the directions.