RPMGA is going to participate in the Farmer's Markets in Beloit and Janesville this year. We have two dates for each city.
We'll be doing two 2.5 hour shifts for each day. Two people will set up and work the first shift, two people will work second shift and tear down.
- Beloit Farmer's Market, May 27 - Car and Tractor Show, 8 am to 1 pm
- Janesville Farmer's Market, June 10 - Get to Know Rock County Businesses, 8 am to 1 pm
- Janesville Farmer's Market, August 12 - Kid's Day at the Market/National Farmer's Market Week, 8 am to 1 pm
- Beloit Farmer's Market, October 7, 8 am to 1 pm
Beloit Farmer's Market - State and Grand. Booth will be given to us when we arrive.
Janesville Farmer's market - South Main Street. Community Booth. Volunteers ask for location when you arrive.
Volunteers who set up will need to use the following items for the booth. Many of these items are in our inventory at the Rock County Court house.
For more information on these items contact:
Bev Drew - 290-3666
Deb Grams - 756-0946
Mary Thompson - 322-4800
Items that will make up the booth are:
- 10'x10' tent
- 2 tables and 4 chairs
- RPMGA banner
- UWEX sign or banner
- How to become a MGV brochures or handouts
- Pollinator Hotel materials - tin cans, paper, scissors, rulers, paper straws, glue sticks
- Pollinator Project handouts
- What are solitary bees?
- How to plant a pollinator garden
- How to build a pollinator hotel using recycled materials
- Pollinators 101
- Lists of pollinator plants
- Handouts of current diseases or insects based on the USDA Pest Bulletin.
This is an approved MGV project. You will receive 1 Continuing Education Unit for every hour of participation.